Monday, July 10, 2006

Watch your back Darling !

After spending my last holiday between Berlin and Rome (I did feel kind of a Continental Queen then) , coming back to the big smoke was not as traumatic as what I expected.

I did of course have the occasional I'm lost in Catford Bridge, it's 4am, where is the nearest police station sweaty dreams. I did of course reach my South London home at 2 am because Easy Jet and Gatwick express can never be a win win combination. Add a bit of sunshine and you have a happy frog in London.

Am I madly in love ? Not even.
Was a padded enveloppe waiting on my desk filled with several zeros notes ? That came right after the Catford bridge episode in my dreams you see.
Have all routemaster bus drivers been replaced by well educated-friendly-non ex jailee recruited brand new TFL officers ? I would not even dare dream of that, not even on holiday.

It's the builders.
Sorry ?
Yes the London builders. When I go for my daily lunch stride around the block in Belgravia, the builders they say hi and they smile at me.
OK I'm not naive, but still this is a glimpse of humanity to me !

"Watch your back Darling" they said, as a Jag' nearly tried to run me over.

Watch your back, maybe this is what they should have told the 15 people they laid off in my company last friday, except noone would have bothered to add "Darling".

sountrack tonight : Nouvelle vague -"Bande à part"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home