Monday, November 07, 2005

Another frog, another blog...

I'm French. So, like any other French lured to the boom town (i.e. London) to experience the most exciting place in Europe (or so we're told), one of the first things I have learnt here was that I was not a human being, a young trendy 20 something female executive, no I was an animal. I was and am...a frog.

The second thing I have learnt not long after tasting my first PG tip- no sugar milk yes please leave the tea bag in cheers - , is that I come from a place called the continent. Some of my fellow Market Research colleagues even refered to a place called Europe.

Let's be frank, this was not going to be an easy task : survive amongst the Brits being called a green little slimy thing trying to make it in red bricks, slice bread, binge drinking, tabloids, mushy peas and ex prisonners as your bus driver home back to whichever terraced street your gloriously live in.

But thank heavens, I am told there are 300 000 of us in London.
Lord, how many frogs can the London pond still cope with ?

This is partly, what this blog is about.

Frogquestion 1 - after over a year and a half in the London Pond, how does a 27 years old female frog cope ? What is it really to live in the supposed to be most groovy place in Europe ? well, non continental Europe right !

Frogquestion 2 - who is this for ?
Well, any other Frog reading this from the continent and wanting to grasp a bit of some London Pond taste. Or, any UK national, as they say in the forms, desperately wanting to finally get how the hell do we frogs cope without our baguette, parsley garlic snails and mad driving ?

Here is an answer or at least a start :
we have Sainsbury's French baton the best marketing contrick since pre washed lettuce, forget the snails ! no one eats them anymore..see, we do have ready meals too in France, and we keep our French car number plate so we can keep on insulting each other at the traffic light and scare the hell out of you at 70 mph on the bus lane.
Bien sur, we also complain a lot.

How about the language ?
In all honesty, after a year and a half, I am starting to feel the very first symptoms of complete utter dyslexia. As a logic As a logic consequence this blog will be in English when I feel Island minded and French, when feeling terribly arrogantly Continental.

Welcome to my blog and Bon Appetit ! as they say back home.







Enjoy ! Elise

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good - here's to the London version od a year in the merde!

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home